Searching For Spiritual Guide

Boomers International Board: Spirituality : Searching For Spiritual Guide
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 03:43 am:

I have been searching all my life. Wanting and longing to be whole and complete. Can I be whole and complete without a man? Yes, I know I can because I have been for a while. I have had this incredible feeling of being at one with the universe and although alone, I was not lonely.

Well, not along ago, I have done someone wrong somewhere along the way, I broke his heart...

Now, someone else came along and toying with my heart . Certainly, one can not control someone's else action but one can control one's own.......

So here I am again ... in quest of wholeness, peace and love.. from within....

Love and Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jeri on Sunday, June 4, 2000 - 01:46 pm:

Every experience in life is an opportunity for us to learn and expand spiritually and mentally. We can use it as a tool for our function of healing.
This may seem difficult at times but we have choices. We can choose to abandon and escape, or we can choose to learn and move on to a better, brighter days, a brighter future.

We can be sad and despair, we can let our emotion run amok and control our life.. acknowledge it, face it, keep it available to the conscious mind, then the energy goes towards an improvement of our psyche and our soul. IT is a part of healing and growth.... LET it be ... but ... PICK up the pieces and go on....

Pray, meditate, find our own sanctually. Look for beauty all around us...Look for beauty in people around us....

Seek and we can find .. Happiness is our own choice and often hidden ... deep within our hearts.

Peace, Love and Light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 06:12 pm:

I've always felt a BIG VOID and feeling so empty inside without really knowing why. I love my children more than anything else in this world. I have a nice house, car and a husband who treats me well. My family and these things can not filled this void in my life ..... Any one else feeling this way?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jeri on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

You are on a "Path To Awakening" The road you are on is less travelled and it will not be easy....
Having a VOID in your heart is a sign that you are on a search for meanings and purposes of your life and your existence as a whole being. If you search within yourself .. You will discover and only you, and the power within you.. with the guiding light from above; will be able fill that VOID.

Sharing Love and Light.

http://www.homestead.com/AAndie/Light.html

Peace and Love,
Jeri
http://boomersint.org/philoso.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

"If one could look into the hearts of men and women, what would we find? Oh, it would make you laugh… or cry. You would not believe what people desire most in life! Everything that can satisfy their selfishness, their vanity, their sensuality, their need to own, to possess, to dominate. And you, what do you desire most in life? Look at what you truly desire and you will be astounded by the pettiness of your ideal. So many people come to an initiatic school in the hope that all their problems will disappear as if by magic and that they will become rich and famous. Well, be aware that with such a mistaken belief you will only increase your problems. Only people whose main desire is to train themselves, to practise, to make an effort, to improve themselves, only they will never be disappointed with life. They will always find the best opportunities to continue their progress in all situations in life."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

If you wish to visit Prosveta's site, or consult the many titles by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov go to http://www.prosveta-usa.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 11:39 pm:

Quotes of the Week
--------------------------------------------------
"I think these difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes around worrying about are of no importance whatsoever."
- Isak Dinesen

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living."
- Gail Sheehy

"If you want to catch beasts you don't see everyday, You have to go places quite out of the way. You have to go places no others can get to. You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too."
- Dr. Seuss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 09:24 pm:

Prosveta Publishing is pleased to offer you the Daily Meditation for this 2001-10-28.

"Suffering gives man an opportunity to enter into himself to think, meditate and attract superior beings who will guide and help him. If you suffer, knowing that by this suffering heaven wants to transform you, you will emerge as an exceptional person. There is no greater science than to know how to suffer. The suffering of flowers is their scent; because of the difficulties they have to overcome in order to withstand bad weather and survive in spite of all the dangers that threaten them, flowers give off an exquisite scent, and we love them for it.
Not all sufferings give off such scent, because most people do not know how to suffer: they scream at the slightest pain. Only he who has learned to accept his suffering can give off this scent. When an initiate suffers because he has taken the burdens and sins of men upon himself, as Jesus did, this suffering that has been consented to with love exhales the most delicious scent; then angels come to delight in his presence, just as we too rejoice over a blossoming tree in some garden."
Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

Prosveta Publishing is pleased to offer you the Daily Meditation for this 2001-10-29.

"Each day devote at least a few minutes to introducing harmony within you. Close your eyes while making an effort to free your mind of everyday worries and direct it toward the summits, toward the sources of life that flood the universe. When you feel you have stopped the flow of thoughts, feelings and images that go through you, pronounce the words 'thank you' inwardly. These are the simplest words, which nonetheless unravel all tensions, because when you are grateful, you are in harmony with heaven, you come out of the narrow circle of your limited self in order to penetrate the peace of cosmic consciousness. Remain in this state as long as you can, and when you come back to yourself, you will feel that new and very precious elements have been introduced into your being: serenity, lucidity and strength."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

If you wish to visit Prosveta's site, or consult the many titles by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov go to http://www.prosveta-usa.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Sunday, November 4, 2001 - 02:53 pm:

Prosveta Publishing is pleased to offer you the Daily Meditation for this 2001-11-02.

"Since we are on earth for only a very short time, it is no use wasting our energies in search of honors, titles, possessions, which we will necessarily have to abandon when we leave this world. This is the first thing a disciple of an initiatic school must be aware of: when he dies he will leave behind all his material, exterior acquisitions. And once he is aware of this, he tries to concentrate on eternal and indestructible riches, so that they may bear fruit until his departure from the physical plane. He thus accumulates precious particles in his subtle bodies, and when he leaves the earth, he goes directly into the regions where he picked up these particles. For there is a law that says if you attract within you an abundance of luminous particles, one day you will be forced to go to the regions of light where they came from. Because of the law of affinity, you will be introduced into the celestial regions by these very elements, and will live for an eternity of joy, discovering the splendors of the universe."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psych on Sunday, November 4, 2001 - 07:34 pm:

Prosveta Publishing is pleased to offer you the Daily Meditation for this 2001-11-05.

"All modern scientific discoveries - the radio, telephone, television, tape recordings, atomic fission, laser, etc. - had already been made by the initiates of antiquity. And as these discoveries correspond to laws that govern the psychic and spiritual worlds, it was within themselves that the initiates found them. Contemporary researchers are workers who have come back to earth to apply on the physical plane the laws that exist in the spiritual world. Everything must be realized in matter. Often these researchers are ancient initiates, alchemists, magi and cabbalists who have reincarnated with a mission: to realize on the physical plane everything they already know and have realized on the spiritual plane. If these phenomena did not already exist on the spiritual plane, they could not exist on the physical plane. 'That which is below is like that which is above'; and so one day everything that is above in the world of the spirit must appear in concrete form below, in the world of matter."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By PsychBabe2001 on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 05:00 am:

Prosveta Publishing is pleased to offer you the Daily Meditation for this 2001-11-06.

"Our intellect and our heart can join together to do some good work only on condition that they remain faithful to their celestial Father and Mother, to wisdom and love. At the very instant the heart and intellect stop receiving true wisdom and true love through the spirit and the soul, they are committed to the powers of darkness.
Heaven symbolizes everything that emerges, blossoms and constantly develops, and when man turns his intellect and heart away from his celestial Father and Mother, believing he will find happiness somewhere else, his inner source runs dry; in reality, he finds spiritual drought and death, because he has betrayed his parents. In his desire for facility, he has succumbed to the temptations of matter, to his taste for pleasures, his social ambition, and has accepted all sorts of compromises. He has repeated the sin of Adam and Eve who, by disobeying, broke the link with their celestial Father and Mother and were driven from paradise. And now, it is up to us to work with divine wisdom and love so that Adam - our intellect - and Eve - our heart - be welcomed again in paradise.
"Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Thursday, November 8, 2001 - 05:40 am:

Prosveta Publishing is pleased to offer you the Daily Meditation for this 2001-11-08.

"People are led to believe that their happiness depends on scientific and technical progress and also on comfort. In whatever domain, they are continually bombarded with publicity; every effort is made to prevent them from making contact with other regions, other entities - the only ones that could bring them the light, love and peace they need. The spiritual world has been so rejected, scorned and held up to ridicule that very few beings feel the urge to search in this world for the necessary elements of their survival. Most people are dying of suffocation and intoxication. For their own good, they must search more and more for a contact with this subtle world so that their soul and spirit can breathe and find nourishment. When we meditate we do not touch anything material; it seems like 'emptiness.' But actually it is in this 'emptiness' that the soul and spirit blossom and find fulfillment."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 02:23 pm:

"High up in the mountains live entities that are extremely luminous and powerful. They are attracted by the exceptional purity that reigns at these altitudes. But it is no good climbing three or four thousand metres in order to come into contact with these entities, because they only reveal themselves to those who have embarked on the path of light with all their heart and their soul. Very few people are capable of making the most of the favourable conditions the mountains offer them to aid their spiritual evolution. They climb these mountains simply for fun, to be able subsequently to boast about their exploits, to make a noise. They do not sense the presence of all the entities inhabiting these regions and have no respect for them. And so the mountain, sensitive and intelligent as it is, closes itself to them. There may even come a time when these entities will leave the mountains because they are so bothered by these 'human' animals who pollute everything. So you, at least, try to behave in such a way that they feel you appreciate their presence and their work."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, August 31, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

"Sometimes you feel tired, upset, discouraged ... And then, in the evening, you go to sleep. By going to sleep you escape to another world and the next morning when you wake up you feel completely refreshed. What happened? You simply managed to flee, and the inner enemies that were chasing you were not able to catch you. This happens automatically in sleep, but you can do this consciously as well, when you are awake. The worries, problems and sorrows you feel are entities that are chasing you, and the only way to escape them is by changing worlds. If the problem lies in your heart, betake yourself into your intellect; if the problem lies in your intellect, then flee to your heart or to your soul. If you feel pursued in your soul as well, seek refuge in your spirit. In the spirit, nothing or no-one can reach you."

Omraam Mikhaėl Aļvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By psychbabe2001 on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

Spirituality and Religion Among Americans Age 45 and Older

This study offers a fresh look at religion and spirituality among
midlife and older Americans by examining their churchgoing behavior,
what they consider their most satisfying spiritual and religious
experiences, and their dissatisfaction, if any, with religion or
their church.

While affirming age old beliefs and research showing that women are
more religious than men, and older people are more religious than
younger people, the telephone survey of 1,625 age 45+ Americans,
conducted in 2004 for AARP The Magazine, also uncovered some
surprises. Among the findings:

More than half of those surveyed attend church regularly, or at least
once every two weeks.

Women are more likely than men to be regular churchgoers, and to
consider themselves very spiritual or very religious.

Republicans are more likely than Democrats and Independents to be
regular churchgoers (65, 54, and 50 percent respectively).

Most respondents tend to perceive themselves as religious, and most
who consider themselves very religious also consider themselves very
spiritual, and vice versa. However, those who say they are very
spiritual are not as likely to say that they are very religious.
The survey was conducted for AARP in August 2004 by International
Communications Research (ICR) of Media Pennsylvania through its EXCEL
National Telephone Omnibus Study. The summary report was written by
Xenia P. Montenegro, Ph.D. of AARP Knowledge Management who may be
contacted at 202-434-3538 for additional information. (32 pages)

Download or view Spirituality and Religion Among Americans Age 45 and
Older in Portable Do*****ent Format. You will need Adobe Acrobat
Reader to view the file. The file size is 438732 bytes; approximate
download time with a 28.8 modem is 2 minutes and 2 seconds.

publication date: October 2004

http://research.aarp.org/general/american_spirituality.html

Question:
Are you becoming more spirituality now than your younger years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 02:32 pm:

I have found a collection of interfaith blessings that I find very meaningful and calming. I have taken to keeping them with me. If you would like to see them, they are at www.blessingsforbusiness.com. Enjoy!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: