Health and Well Being.

Boomers International Board: Boomers' Issues & Concerns: Health and Well Being.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 01:35 pm:

Study Finds Ginseng Has No Mood-Boosting Effect!
Well, well, I am not using it for Mood-Booster DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thursday June 21 10:24 AM ET
Study Finds Ginseng Has No Mood-Boosting Effect
By Melissa Schorr

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Despite claims that ginseng has mood-enhancing properties, researchers conducting a study found no evidence that the herbal supplement can enhance mood in healthy young adults anymore than a sugar pill.

If further study shows that the herb can help certain groups of people, such as the elderly or those who are anxious or fatigued, then the supplements should be clearly labeled as such, the researchers conclude in the report published in the June issue of the Journal of the American Dietetic Association.

``Ginseng had no effect on mood relative to a sugar pill,'' lead author Dr. Bradley J. Cardinal, an associate professor of exercise and sport science and co-director of the Sport Exercise Psychology Lab at Oregon State University, told Reuters Health.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010621/hl/ginseng_1.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

Take time for your children. They are the most precious people in your life. They are the future of our universe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, September 20, 2001 - 12:58 pm:

Are the hospitals going to be able to handle the "Baby Boomer" Generation? With shortages in almost all medical fields...What should the hospitals focus on in the future??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Sunday, September 23, 2001 - 07:21 pm:

Interesting question.
What should the hospitals focus on in the future??

Hire more nurses.
Hire more doctors.
Hire more psychologists
lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By gabriel on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 12:29 pm:

There are a lots of Free Health informations that you can access from my site.
lordandgabrielgroup@yahoo.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Stanleywilson on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 09:14 pm:

Hi gabriel -
The link on your recent posting becomes an email link,
do you have a website that has these Free Health informations
that we can look at?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 01:47 pm:

PRIMARY CARE

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
"Do you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, "Well, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer?"

"Oh no", I replied, "I've never done either."

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and bar-b-qued ribs?

I said, "No, I've heard that all "red meat" is very unhealthy!" .

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf?" he asked."

"No, I don't," I said.

He said, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or fool around with sex?"

"No," I said, "I've never done any of those things."

He looked at me and said, "Then why in hell do you want to live to 80?"

LOL LOL...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ykfxxtjgt on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 01:16 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: