Boomers and their cars

Boomers International Board: Boomers' Issues & Concerns: Boomers and their cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mcd826 on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 10:29 am:

I am not a Boomer. I have been given a wonderful opportunity at work, however, to influence Boomers' cars in the future. But I don't want to screw it up, by putting my Xer preferences in a vehicle geared entirely at you. So I need your help. I need to know what kinds of colors and materials Boomers want in their vehicles. Do you prefer leather or cloth? How big an issue is cleanability? Will it be as important to you in 10 years? Do you want the ability to customize your interior with current colors and patterns? Is color important? Do you want your car to be a reflection of your personality? Should it be an extension of your home (styled similarly to your home)?

I would really like to hear your opinions on this. Based on the research that has been compiled so far, I am starting to think that Boomers are a conservative lot. Surely, that is not true. Think outside the box, and tell me what you WANT in a car, not what you are willing to settle for.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, March 16, 2002 - 03:56 pm:

I like comfortable seating and uphostery. I like to be able to have unobstructed views and be able to look at my front and back views from front and rear view windows without any objects blocking the view. We are older with bad eyesights so we need to be alert at all time when driving. SOme car manufacturers put craps (speakers, lights etc) on the rear view windows and we can't see the view behind us.... Remember that form should follows function !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By daxaxjq on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 06:39 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: