Parents who want to change their realtionship with their children

Boomers International Board: Care Givers: Parents who want to change their realtionship with their children
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By manlaw1 on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:52 am:

I am a researcher for New Choices Magazine, and The article is on parents who strengthen their relationship with their child when that child is a teen or a young adult. Many baby boomers were time-pressed when raising their families, since this was the generation that made dual-income households commonplace. They may regret not having spent enough time with their kids when they were young. But all may not be lost -- they may strengthen ties now. I'd like to hear from exerts on this subject, and I also need to profile parents and children [who will also be photographed] for the piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

I have excellent relationship with my children. I work and being a mom, I also used to feel so guilty and missed the time spent with them. I went back to work when my youngest was so young, (2 and a half years old) My oldest was about 7 and he was old enough to understand but he also missed having me home for him....

Their father also travelled extensively when they were young. We made up for that by spending lots of time with them on the weekends and we took them to ALL of our vacations.

Since I work and am making considerable income, we were able to support them all through their college years. We even help them out with the wedding.

I am looking forward to my early retirement so that I can spend more time with them...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Powershotz on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:52 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: