Interracial Romance and Marriage

Boomers International Board: Singles : Interracial Romance and Marriage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By BeachBoyRon on Saturday, June 10, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

I have mentioned in previous posts in the boomer club that age is no barrier to me when dating or being involved with women. Having been brought up the way I was race is also no barrier to me. My friends are very mixed group. My question is regarding marriage or romance envolving partners of a different race. Do any members have any experience in this area? I currently have one of my woman friends who is African American and I like her a lot. I have had opportunities in the past but always held back because of the fear of being
rejected. I know now that was a mistake on my part.
Some might say the reasons against this type of romance is due to pressures brought on by society.
For those of us brought up colorblind like myself it would seem that I would just follow my heart and not be concerned about what society thinks.
If a man was looking for a soulmate what would make a white man think his soulmate would also be a white woman? God put us on this earth as humans and we come in different colors but we are really all the same as brothers and sisters.
My Dad who I always viewed as somewhat conservative told me he was tired of all the racial problems in the world and that maybe everybody should intermarry so we end up with all people being one color. Quite a statemnent from a white man who was born in 1919.
My circle of friends have always been a mixed group and I feel fortunate not having the chains of bigoty hanging around my neck. I have never met a bigot or racist who I would consider a happy person. Hate is huge load to carry on your back.
My friends are a bunch of free and happy souls.
Of course there is also the humorous side to them too. My African American friend did make a funny remark or pitch as you may want to view it which we both got a good laugh out of. She told me I should never get involved romantically with a woman of color. I said Why Not? She said if you do, you will never want anything else again. :-)Wow, talk about marketing LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, June 17, 2000 - 12:35 pm:

Love is color blind. In this Planet Earth, we all are of the same race, "HUMAN RACE" .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jim-starjm50 on Saturday, June 17, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

Ron,as Anonymous states above "Love is Color Blind"!!! But it Puzzles me Greatly, that for Some Reason,after all this time,and all we have gone through,that we cannot Get over this Hurdle!! And that's not only on Love,it's on the Whole Issue Of Color, and where someone may come from,or their Beliefs in every Facet Of Our Society!!
This comes from what we pass down to our Children,and than they pass on to theirs Etc.!!
Goes to show you how Intelligent Beings We Really Are!!
We All like to think we are better than what was before,and that We Are Right,and Everyone Else Is Wrong,yet we keep thinking the same Beliefs and Practise the Same Hatreds!!!
When Will We Ever Learn?????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 06:17 pm:

Love is "COLOR Blind" but PEOPLE are not BLIND and PEOPLE are selfish and prejudice !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 06:19 pm:

Well, some people are blind when they are in love lol..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 02:29 am:

Love is selfless, inwardly, divine and forever. Love is not a desire, Love is not a want to have but a want to give. Give of one's self, give of one's heart ..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 05:47 pm:

We all agree that love is color blind, but how many of us will actually date or marry into another culture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 08:37 pm:

There are many that have already done that here in the US, all you have to do is look around ... unless you live in the Wilderness or in the National Parks lol....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

INTERRACIAL NATIONAL DATELINE: Meet people of different ethnic backgrounds by telephone or at our events! More information at www.interracial.50g.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mike Newton on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 11:49 pm:

Love is not color blind indeed. The most important thing (males and females too) look for is not so much skin color as eye color. or more specifically, eye brightness. The brightness of ones eyes dictate strength and health. It is what separates a sexy actor from the rest of us. I know because i have been discriminated by people simply because my eyes were not as bright as everyone else's. There is a cure looming, just as crooked teeth are no longer socially acceptable so too will lackluster eyes become a thing of the past. A procedure is being developed where a laser is shined directly into the eye and used to remove vessels which are close to the surface and make the white of the eye brighter. It works in a similar way that tatoos, birthmarks, and port-wine stains are removed. However, we need people to express their interest in this new technology. If you contact me by Email it will go long towards this goal. Hope to hear from you!

Mike Newton
berniebee77@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By doc.athome on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 11:22 am:

why do so many people think race is equal to differences in color? I am Cauc. My wife is Indian , and I have a Japanese American daughter, and 5 other children that are all a combination of me and my wife. In our house, color is Not allowed to be an issue, EVERYONE starts with a clean slate, what that person puts on that slate is their choice. doc.athome@chartermi.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

Are your relationship still smells like roses

try us

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: