Soul Mate

Boomers International Board: Singles : Soul Mate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 02:22 am:

A very insightful thought on Soul Mate.

"Even though experience has repeatedly proven that their attitudes and views with regard to love and sexuality bring them only failure and disappointment, the majority of people persist in the belief that it is not their understanding that is at fault, but simply the fact they have not yet met their soul mate. Happiness, they believe, is merely a question of meeting someone. Unfortunately this is not how things work, because a soul mate is not a man or woman one meets, just like that, in the street and with whom you will fall in love at first sight. Meeting a soul mate is firstly a psychic process in other words mental, emotional, and spiritual by which the higher part of your self attracts its counterpart. And you need to have been working for a long time before you can identify the higher part of your self. Those who make great efforts to prove themselves worthy of their divine half will attract it. A bond will establish itself with their divine half because it lives within them.
If you want to find your soul mate do not start looking for it outwardly. Instead, work with the light and your soul mate will come to you, because it will be attracted by the light it sees glowing in you. You do not know where your soul mate is? But it knows where you are. All you need do is wait for it inwardly. It will come."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

If you wish to visit Prosveta's site, or consult the many titles by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov go to http://www.prosveta.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, August 19, 2000 - 03:21 pm:

Excellent and wise advise. The process of Alchemy.

In the words of your Editor-In-Chief, Gary Sorkin, "Just Be the "best" that you can be and if your soul mate is out there, they will find you." Sage advise I feel. Surrender, Carl Jung would be proud. He once said Freud was close but never JUMPED. :)

May God Bless you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe on Sunday, August 20, 2000 - 03:21 am:

Here's to you and your Love..
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Arc/6338/9130.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 8, 2000 - 12:38 am:

To all my love ...

http://boomersint.org/rain.htm

You all know who you are !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 8, 2000 - 01:19 am:

http://boomersint.org/wishitwould.htm

I love you babe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe on Wednesday, November 8, 2000 - 10:19 am:

"Those men or women who have found their soul mate, in other words their complementary principle, feel they meet this principle everywhere, in all creatures. They love all men and all women on earth, they love them spiritually and they are happy because their soul mate has brought them fulfilment. They no longer feel this void forcing them continuously to look for ways to fill the emptiness. They feel that every encounter contributes to their wealth. Indeed, when you have attained inner fulfilment you find the other principle in all creatures. This is an indescribable and unexplainable experience. Only those who have had this experience can truly understand it. But the road to such fulfilment is long and arduous. Constant suffering and disappointment, always looking for an ideal partner, always unsuccessful. Each time you say to yourself: ‘Ah, great, this is the one.’ And then some time later you realize it was not. Well, then it could be someone else! And so it goes on until you realize you can only find these partners inside you. And when you have found them within, you find them everywhere outside.
However, understand me well. I do not advise against or condemn physical union. All I am saying is that if you really want to find fulfilment on the physical plane, you must first achieve the union of the two principles within."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

If you wish to visit Prosveta's site, or consult the many titles by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov go to http://www.prosveta-usa.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

I am my soulmate first. Now I wait for one to accompany me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

Why are you waiting for the elusive soulmate?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By cisca on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 03:31 am:

Is there a time limit on waiting for a soul mate?
How do you determine when to accept that a soul
mate doesn't exist for you and single is what you
are destined to

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By psychbabe2001 on Monday, September 3, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

"A soul mate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communication and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace. This kind of relationship is so important to the soul that many have said there is nothing more precious in life."

-- Thomas Moore, best-selling author of Care of the Soul and Soul Mates.

Unconditional Love is Divine - Love is forever.
There is no time limit for meeting someone who is special for you. There is no time limit for destiny. If you have a soulmate - Your soulmate is there where ever you are. He or she will be there when YOU ARE READY for him/her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 02:39 am:

Love is something so divine. Description would but make it less. It's what I feel, but can't define. It's what I know but can't express. Porteus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 09:21 pm:

"The Relationship Your Heart Longs For ... Already Exists"
Guy Finley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By psychbabe2001 on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 04:46 pm:

To CISCA:
Your question:

>> Is there a time limit on waiting for a soul
>> mate?
>> How do you determine when to accept that a
>> soul mate doesn't exist for you and single is >> what you are destined to?

There is no time limit on finding your Soul Mate. Your dream will be fulfilled but first of all you must realize that there may be more than one soulmates in your life! Second, you have to be ready for him/or her. Third, you have to be willing to be conscious in your recognition of your soulmate! How? Only, when you are ready, you will be able to.

In the name of Love!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Sunday, October 21, 2001 - 10:12 am:

To Soulmate Seeker:

I WILL BE THERE

When yellow moon hungs over the blue lagoon,
And native bird sings its poetic tune,
By late June,all swoon of summer heat.

When tall trees are free of golden leaves,
On morning skyline, risen golden sun,
As high noon soon turns to warm ring,
Bring the end of day and sway my feelings.

As sisters moon and sun spun their silks,
Of nature quilted beyond compare,
I will be there for you, I will,
I will be forever true.

When yellow moon hungs over the blue lagoon
And native bird sings its melodic tune,
And August moon, all swoon of autumn mist,

On these sweet glorious days,
I will find my way into your loving arms,
I will be there for you, I will,
I will be forever true

I will be there for you.

LOVE

Copyright ©2001 Psychbabe2001

http://boomersint.org/moonsun.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 08:30 pm:

"Love is an exchange. And an exchange between two beings does not necessarily imply a contact on the physical plane; people can make exchanges at a distance, through a look, a thought, some words, without touching each other. And it is not essential, either, that we exchange only with human beings. That is why, if you have not yet found men or women who inspired you sufficiently to make friends with them, you can exchange with celestial creatures - these beautiful, pure and luminous entities - and in doing so you will feel yourself opening up. So instead of wanting to embrace a man or a woman, why not prefer to embrace the sun or the stars? You will say, `What? Love the sun and stars instead of loving a man or a woman? Prefer to embrace them? But that is insane!' No, it is only you who are narrow-minded and ignorant, and through that narrowness and ignorance, you deprive yourself of the true happiness of loving."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:10 am:

February 28, 2001
If you gain a mature companion--
a fellow traveler, right-living, enlightened--
overcoming all dangers go with him, gratified,
mindful.

If you don't gain a mature companion--
a fellow traveler, right-living, enlightened--
go alone like a king renouncing his kingdom,
like the elephant in the Matanga wilds,
his herd.
-- Dhammapada, 23, translation by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By LoveYou on Saturday, November 17, 2001 - 04:03 am:

Eternally!!!
One glorious day,
I found my way
Into your loving arms.

And in such care,
I won't despair,
Because of your sweet charms.

Those beautiful eyes,
your loving sighs,
and oh . . . those tender kisses.

Your sweet caress,
such tenderness,
fulfilling all my wishes.

I've never known,
this love you've shown,
It's wonderous to behold.

My precious love,
My beautiful dove,
You're my tender, loving heart.

And with your kiss,
You bring such bliss,
That never more we'll part.

You'll always be mine,
Til the end of time,
And we'll live happily.

Our hearts entwine,
A love devine,
Forever in love we'll be!!!!!

I love you .

You've given me,
Unconditionally,
A precious love untold.

Of all the places that I have been to
There is one place that I never knew
Never dream that it exists
Heaven of all heaven divine
This place is just like
heaven on earth
In your arms that was the place I missed
Never dream that it exists
Heaven of all heaven divine
From here to eternity my heart
Will always entwined with yours,
My dear we will never be lonely again....

~author unknown

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By psychbabe2001 on Saturday, December 1, 2001 - 09:37 pm:

"Inner force, balance, peace and happiness all depend on love. You must feel that love is always there within your reach, that it is in you, and that you have, therefore, no reason to believe you are weak, poor and lonely. If you have this feeling of loneliness, it proves that you are not free from the physical plane. As soon as you enter onto the subtle planes, especially the regions of the soul and spirit, you cannot feel lonely; the universal Soul and Spirit are always there close to you, within you, and you can communicate with them at any time. Whereas with a man or a woman - even the best - can you be sure that, one day or another, they will not have other commitments and be forced to leave you?
And so, even if you have found the most wonderful person on earth, do not fix your mind on him or her. Be grateful to heaven for having met such a being, but know that you will experience true love only when you manage to find it in the regions of the soul and the spirit."Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

If you wish to visit Prosveta's site, or consult the many titles by Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov go to http://www.prosveta-usa.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 04:18 pm:

ThinkExist.com (Fri, January 11, 2002)

The way to love anything
is to realize that it might be lost
G. K. Chesterton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 16, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

Prosveta Publishing - Daily Meditation

"Every day you have the opportunity of meeting new people. What do you look for first in these people? Do you try to find out whether they have a good heart, whether their intelligence is sound and whether they have a spiritual ideal? No. If you are honest you will admit that this is all of no great importance to you. You find their physical appearance far more important; do they make you feel you want to kiss them, or are they rich and powerful enough for you to benefit from their wealth and power. Yes, this is generally people's attitude.
If you want to follow a spiritual teaching, however, you must change your attitude. It is only with what a person possesses in honesty, goodness, wisdom and purity that you can form a true relationship, or indeed do anything at all. What good are beauty, wealth and power if they are not in the service of the divine world? All they will do is arouse passions. So beware the seductive powers of physical beauty, money and power, because they will make you neglect qualities that are far more important to what we are seeking to build here."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 06:04 pm:

The course of true love never did run smooth
William Shakespeare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

How can I tell you how much I love you?

How, can I tell you of my love?
Strong as the eagle, soft as the dove,
Patient as the pine tree that stands in the sun
and whispers to the wind...

'You are the one!'

Indian Love Poem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By psychbabe2001 on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:55 pm:

"What form does human love generally take? Human beings love each other the way a farmer loves his chickens. He is very generous, very kind to them in that he looks after them and gives them grain every day. But still the chickens gradually disappear, one after the other. Why is this? Because the farmer comes and gets them, chops off their head, and then the farmer's wife serves them up for dinner. So, having looked after their chickens, they eat them and they say: 'Mmm, this chicken is delicious. So succulent; cooked to perfection.' This is what most human beings call love. They think of love as an appetite, a taste for tender, succulent meat, which they have to satisfy. This is an age-old instinctive tendency and human beings should set to work at elevating themselves from it.
In the new life we will learn that the first rule we should observe when we love someone is to think of them, not of ourselves. Love is first wanting to discover, in the person we love, the needs of their soul, to help them in their evolution, to give them the right conditions to find freedom."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

What is LOVE?

Love is honesty and love is loyalty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Psychbabe2001 on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

"What form does human love generally take? Human beings love each other the way a farmer loves his chickens. He is very generous, very kind to them in that he looks after them and gives them grain every day. But still the chickens gradually disappear, one after the other. Why is this? Because the farmer comes and gets them, chops off their head, and then the farmer's wife serves them up for dinner. So, having looked after their chickens, they eat them and they say: 'Mmm, this chicken is delicious. So succulent; cooked to perfection.' This is what most human beings call love. They think of love as an appetite, a taste for tender, succulent meat, which they have to satisfy. This is an age-old instinctive tendency and human beings should set to work at elevating themselves from it.
In the new life we will learn that the first rule we should observe when we love someone is to think of them, not of ourselves. Love is first wanting to discover, in the person we love, the needs of their soul, to help them in their evolution, to give them the right conditions to find freedom."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

A INTERRACIAL NATIONAL DATELINE: Meet people who want to date different ethnic backgrounds! More infomation at www.interracial.50g.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By psychababe2001 on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 01:54 am:

A soul mate, the men said, is a woman who accepts them just as they are and won't try to change them. The men said they don't want to settle for second-best. In some cases, the men even said they were living with a woman who was their version of a second-best partner. These men are continuing to hunt for the perfect soul mate.

What do you have to say ladies???
Peace, Love and Light
~psyche~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 12:06 am:

In some cases, the men even said they were living with a woman who was their version of a second-best partner. These men are continuing to hunt for the perfect soul mate.

If my man ever said that, it would be his one way ticket outa here...REAL fast and I would tell him also to continue to hunt somewhere else...lol

But then, some men are in a constant search and hunt ... they are in denial and incapable of receiving love..Let's alone giving love.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By kosmosisus on Saturday, November 2, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

Here's my take on this. Don't look for a perfect man/woman or a soul mate. He or she is not out there, no, no, no. He or she is in your head and in your own mind as you wish him/her to be.
If you look for a soul mate, you are likely to be disappointed. What you will find when you are looking and searching; is a relationship that leaves you bewildered, confused and alone very soon after it begins. Instead of looking for a perfect soul mate, look for a partner and a best friend first. Look to whom you are attracted to and learn about your partner as his/her own person.
What do you think?
peace,
kos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 04:33 am:

"When human beings meet, how do they look at each other? What do they see? Generally, they do not go beyond the outer appearance: the clothes, physical body, gestures, and facial expressions. This proves that they do not possess the true science. It is exactly as if, standing in front of a car, they were to see only the bodywork - forgetting that inside there is a driver, a being who thinks, feels, and acts. So, when you meet a man or a woman, make a habit of seeking his or her inner being. Continue to search until you discover a soul and a spirit, because it is here that you will find inexhaustible treasures. Here you will find heaven in all its splendour."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By whinencheese2002 on Sunday, August 3, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

No. 1 Quality We Want In Our Soul Mate

More than anything else, we are attracted to individuals who look like we do, as well as share the same wealth, social status, and outlook towards family and fidelity, CNN and the Associated Press report of new research from Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y.

In other words, opposites do not attract.

Conventional wisdom has long held that beautiful women seek socially dominant men, while rich and confident guys look for the most gorgeous ladies. Turns out, that's not right. At least, if you want to make it last a lifetime.

Instead, we should be seeking an ideal match--someone who is equal to us. And when we do that, marriage has the greatest chance of long-term success.

The Cornell researchers say that when there are too many differences between couples, it causes instability. It's actually harmful to the marriage if we hook up with someone who is far better looking or has a much higher social status. Why? Years into the relationship, the person of higher status might be tempted to "trade up" to a better partner. There's much less chance of that happening between equals.

The Cornell study was based on questionnaires completed by 978 students ages 18 to 24 who were asked to rank the importance they placed on 10 attributes in a long-term partner. Then they had to rank themselves based on those attributes, which were:

* Wealth and status
* Family commitment
* Physical appearance
* Sexual fidelity

Those who rated themselves highly as individuals were also more selective than those who did not think so well of themselves.

The takeaway: Marriages between similar matches are more common and have a far greater chance of success than marriages between opposites. Stop your search right now for the highest-quality partner. Instead look in the mirror and go find someone who looks and acts like you do.

The findings were published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Scientists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By whinencheese2002 on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 11:54 pm:

Can't Find Your Soul Mate? This Is Why

It's easier for women to find their soul mate than it is for men. That is the surprising conclusion of a study by researchers at New York's Adelphi University, who blame the disparity on the "intimacy gap," reports Reuters.

So much for the ultimate connection of two soul mates thinking alike. Women consistently rate their perception and expectations of relationship intimacy higher than men, who tend to think the level of closeness is much lower. She thinks, "We're so close." But he thinks, "No, we're not." Closing this intimacy gap is critical to a happy relationship.

"Many women may desire to be in a marriage and may hope and expect to have greater levels of intimacy in their relationship than the men do," lead researcher Ashley Novak explained to Reuters. She presented her study findings at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Society.

The study: Fifty couples, all of whom were young, well-educated, and engaged to be married, were surveyed online. Each person completed a survey--a standard psychological questionnaire that rated perceived and expected levels of intimacy in the relationship--separately from his or her significant other and in total confidence and anonymity.

The results: Across virtually all categories of intimacy "women reported their current relationships as more intimate than men," Novak told Reuters. The brides-to-be honestly believed they had reached high levels of intimacy--social and sexual--with their fiancés. They also had a high degree of optimism about intimacy during their marriage. But the men didn't share this. They not only rated their degree of closeness at a much lower level, but also did not share the optimism for the future.

Women overestimated the relationship, while men underestimated it.

So do soul mates really exist? Researchers from the State University of New York at Buffalo say YES! You can find your perfect soul mate. Here's the warning: It may only exist in your mind. Even if there is no such thing as a perfect soul mate, we can still believe we have found one. Both men and women are capable of developing a very real sense that our partners are mirror images of ourselves. That lets us see similarities that really don't exist. But if we think they exist, then presto! We have a soul mate.

Some cynics may say this type of self-centeredness would kill any healthy relationship, but the SUNY researchers beg to differ. They insist that soul mate fantasies can actually form the foundation of a "satisfying and stable romantic relationship." Lead author Sandra L. Murray writes in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology: "Assimilating a partner to the self gives intimates the sense that they have found a kindred spirit, someone who is just like them and, thus, knows and understands them for who they really are." Even if it is all in our heads.

Hey, it's a complex and tough world out there. The authors say that this kind of "egocentrism" is actually beneficial because it instills a feeling that one's partner is indeed a "soul mate." So keep dreaming. Sometimes it makes life richer.

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/love/package.jsp?name=fte/soulmate/soulmate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 09:23 pm:

Well, I am not looking and don't wanna dream either .... LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, December 9, 2003 - 08:29 pm:

hehehe... you like me?

oldme hehe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password: