(Please print this page for your personal safe keeping)
Medicines, Medical Equipment And Poisonous Products
- Do you know the proper management and operation of all medical equipment?
- Do you understand the safety requirements to operate the equipment properly?
- Do you know the proper cleaning of the equipment?
- Do you understand the hazards of the equipment and how to avoid them?
- Do you know who to contact in case there is a problem with the equipment?
- If Oxygen Is Used
- Are you aware of the danger of smoking where oxygen equipment is present? Is there a no smoking sign posted?
- Do you know how to store the cylinders properly?
- Do you know the correct way to administer oxygen and in what amounts?
- Make sure all old or expired medications are thrown away.
- Make sure medication covers are easily opened if your loved one must take their own medications.
- Make sure medications are clearly hidden if your loved one is not coherent or if children are present.
- Make sure all poisonous substances are out of view and reach.
- Make sure all toxic products are marked with a contrasting tape.
Copyrighted by Boomers International.Org