ABC's 50th Anniversary Celebration
Monday, May 19, 2003 at 8/7c
The ABC Television Network is commemorating its 50 historic years of television in a memorable three-hour special celebration. The event features appearances, clips and interviews with ABC stars past and present — from Primetime to Daytime, Sports to News — representing every genre of ABC's 50-year history of television programming.
Dozens of celebrities from ABC's 50-year history participated in the celebration.
Highlights of the celebration will include:
- Cast reunions from ABC's most beloved series, including Welcome Back Kotter, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, The Love Boat, The Mod Squad and NYPD Blue, among others.
- Fifty years of historic news events presented by such ABC news figures as Barbara Walters, Hugh Downs, Diane Sawyer, Peter Jennings, Ted Koppel, Charles Gibson, Joan Lunden, David Hartman and others.
- Unforgettable moments and tributes from the world of sports, including appearances by legendary sports figures like heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, football All-Star great Joe Namath, sports announcers Al Michaels, John Madden and Jim McKay, Olympic gold medalists Carl Lewis and Dorothy Hamill and many others.
- Oprah Winfrey and Richard Chamberlain present unforgettable scenes from ABC's most acclaimed movies and miniseries.
- Clips from ABC's favorite comedy and drama series past and present.
The 30th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards
Friday, May 16 at 8/7c
The 30th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards will be presented live from Radio City Music Hall. It marks the first time the Daytime Emmy telecast will be three hours, and will celebrate 30 years of Daytime Television. Daytime Emmy Award-nominee Wayne Brady (The Wayne Brady Show) will host.
That's Incredible: The Reunion
That's Incredible: The Reunion
Thursday, June 12 at 8/7c
That's Incredible was the show that helped create today's reality series genre with segments that showed everything from death defying stunts, mystifying phenomena and wacky animal stunts, as well as uplifting stories about amazing people who overcame obstacles and handicaps. In a new, one-hour special, That's Incredible: The Reunion, original hosts John Davidson, Fran Tarkenton and Cathy Lee Crosby come together again to relive some of the series' most memorable moments through retrospective clips that show the more unusual sides of nature, medicine and human endeavor. Also featured are reunions with some of the people who were subjects on the original show. (Originally aired 5/21/02).
MORE BLAST FROM THE PAST• Gumby, Pokey and Friends,SLINKY SLINKY RAMAC...
• Porsche Club Of America
• University Of San Francisco 150th Anniversary
• 60th Anniversary WWII
• 30Th Anniversary Vietnam War
• Las Vegas Celebrated 100th Year
• 60Th Annual Golden Globe Award
• KOREAN War 50Th Anniversary
• 50Th Anniversary - Mount Everest
• St. Petersburg's 300Th Anniversary
• Queen Elizabeth 50Th Anniversary
• Harley Davidson & Corvettes'
• Central Park 150th Anniversary
Please come back and visit this page again.