Re: Driving from LA to SF by PCH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Pacific Coast Highway One Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PChwyGal (23.23.42.41) on October 16, 2003 at 15:36:20:

In Reply to: Driving from LA to SF by PCH posted by ronaldong on October 08, 2003 at 13:26:09:

Certainly you can drive from LA to SF on Pacific Coast Highway One. Ofcourse on certain route, it will intersect with Highway 101. Highway 5 is very busy with commercial vehicles such as big trucks etc and it is going through mostly inland in the Central Valley of California.

PC Highway 1 along the Ocean in Central Coast area is possible and accessible easily in the late Spring and Summer. In Winter time, however,
you need to check with the weather and Highway condition since it is only a two way road along the steep terrain. With falling rocks and some times heavy rain, the road can be too dangerous and sometimes CalTrans will close it.
(This is along the ocean from Moro Bay to Monterey, that is including going through Cambria, Point Sur and Big Sur)

Check out Big Sur Chamber of Commerce Web site and call them for info. before you drive PC Highway 1 from Moro Bay through Big Sur to Monterey and on to San Francisco.

http://www.bigsurcalifornia.org/

;)
Peace
and

: Dear all:
: is it possible to drive from LA to SF by PCH? however, on yahoo map, it shows that i will take I101 and I5 and some other small route.but i really would like to take a look about the beautiful view along the PCH.

: any advice?
: Thank you!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Pacific Coast Highway One Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]