Re: Best time to take Drive PCH?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Pacific Coast Highway One Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BeachGal (112.11.21.20) on January 27, 2004 at 22:28:51:

In Reply to: Best time to take Drive PCH? posted by BRYAN MITZE on January 17, 2004 at 20:15:11:

Hi There,
First answer is the best time to come.
I prefer late spring or early summer to mid-fall as it is not too hot and not too cold.
There's not so much rain in the north part of California.

So best time is to travel the highway is from April to September.

During fall and winter, the weather is unpredictable and it might rain. Some of the highway, especially around Carmel down to Big Sur might not be usable or downright dangerous.

During the summer it is very pleasant.

Napa Valley is beautiful but there are other wineries and vineyards in Central California and North of San Diego, in Temecula, particulaly (inland along highway 15)

Regarding Bed & Breakfast or Inns along the way, it depends on the time of the year and the local events around the locations.

It is best to check the weather before your trips but there are plenty of small hotels and bed and breakfast along the PC highway.

;)
BeachGal
http://pc-hwy.com/pchwy/bestbdbf.html

: Hi everyone!!
: Mitze my wife and I are plannng a trip for our Anniversary. We are thinking about flying onto San Francisco and making the trip through Carmel, Monterey,
: and end up in Beverly Hills/Hollywood and fly back from LA.

: The frist night we may stay in Nappa. I want to do Bed and Breakfast Inns along the way.
: I sell to Hospitality and the Ritz Carlton in San Francisco Half Moon Bay is one of our customers and I could stay one evening there basically at no cost.
: But the rest of the trip B&B Inss only.

: Any input would be most helpful like best time of the year etc.
: Also I know depending on the time we come, but should I make reservations anywhere? We were thinking just driving and stopping wherever. We like adventures.

:
: Thanks

: Bryan & Mitze
: Acworth, Georgia

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Pacific Coast Highway One Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]